Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cookietrog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
I jailbroke my iphone about 2 months ago and this is my first time ever doing such a thing. Anyways...As of about 3 weeks ago, at random my phone screen will go COMPLETELY black when I receive a text message. I will be listening to music and I feel my phone vibrate or hear the tone and go to check it and my screen is black, but the phone continues to function at normal, other than I can not turn it on or off. I then have to do the reset, using lock button & home button. This restarts my phone and then I am also forced to respring as my springboard has crashed. I go to look at the text message that I got and ALL my texts have been erased. I am considering just restoring my phone and forgetting about the idea of jailbreaking, but I really do enjoy having my phone jailbroken.

How can I fix this?

Running Verizon iPhone 4 with 4.2.6 on I believe 4.2.1 Greenp0ison. Let me know if I need to clear anything up. This has been really frustrating and I would love to have my phone work normal in jailbreak mode. :)

Last edited:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
you start a thread jailbroken iphone sucks then you want our help? :rolleyes: unjailbreak be a Stevie Minion! that's my advice. you might want to tell us what apps you installed etc probably installed something not compatible with your firmware.

cookietrog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
you start a thread jailbroken iphone sucks then you want our help? :rolleyes: unjailbreak be a Stevie Minion! that's my advice. you might want to tell us what apps you installed etc probably installed something not compatible with your firmware.

Maybe I should have made it MY jailbroken iphone sucks!

Anyways...I have a ton of stuff installed. I'm not even sure where to begin...

Clock Hide
Fake Operator
Iconoclasm (not used right now)
Infinifolders
Quickreply (not used right now)
Springtomize (not used right now)
Weather Icon (not used)

I also have a lot of packages....Should I just restore, upgrade and start over with the original packages I got when I first jailbroke my phone? Would that be my best bet?

Thanks.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
well 1st I uninstall the things your not using see if that helps. the thing with jailbreaking is you have to pay attention to the firmware you are using and compatibility with jailbreak tools. you are better off to install one or two apps at a time and look for problems as you go. Jailbreaking is great but you can find more bugs or bad Dev like CoconutsApps dev of yourtube 2 he is a good example of a bad developer chpwn on the other hand is very good one. but try uninstalling those your not using see if it helps.

cookietrog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
well 1st I uninstall the things your not using see if that helps.

I will give this a shot. This may be a lengthy process due to the randomness of my phone shutting off. One other question, I always get these alerts for upgrades to Cydia...Should I do those?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Updates are very similar to apps in the app store usually updates are improvements but once in a while a update offers more headachs thenthe previous version till you our familiar with using openshsh or Ifile I recommend you use a little caution. Allot of times if a app comes put with problems you will see post about it here soon after or faulty buggy apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.