Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cv20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
I jailbroke my iPod touch (4th gen) a few month ago with the ios 6.1.3 tethered jailbreak using redsn0w and recently wanted to restore and get the absinthe untethered jailbreak but when I plug it in my laptop recognises it but iTunes comes up with "an unknown error" then an error code and wont detect it but if I plug in my iPhone it works fine. please help me. Forgot to mention my ipod lags really bad running at the most 53mb RAM. plus the only things from cydia are themes and a few tweaks.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
absinthe does not work for 6.1.3, only on 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 with absinthe2

to downgrade to lower firmware you need valid blobs/shsh's

if you don't have those you cannot downgrade.

Cv20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
I've got the shsh blobs as I've had the iPod touch since it first came out but how come iTunes won't detect it though because I really need to restore it as its impossible to use and won't launch any apps they just crash when I Tap on them and if they don't it just restarts the springboard randomly

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I've got the shsh blobs as I've had the iPod touch since it first came out but how come iTunes won't detect it though because I really need to restore it as its impossible to use and won't launch any apps they just crash when I Tap on them and if they don't it just restarts the springboard randomly

Download the 6.1.3 ipsw. Then put it into DFU mode and shift click restore. Select the firmware. You don't necessarily need to download the firmware. I just do it out of years of habit.

I've also read that some people have had success putting their A4 device in pwned DFU mode and restoring it that way as well.

You don't need blobs if you're restoring the latest firmware.

Cv20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
DFU mode still won't be detected by iTunes I don't know what caused this but now it's stuff in DFU mode and am trying to get it out. does the reset settings and data option in reset setting work because some people say it messes up and some say it works

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
DFU mode still won't be detected by iTunes I don't know what caused this but now it's stuff in DFU mode and am trying to get it out. does the reset settings and data option in reset setting work because some people say it messes up and some say it works

If the device is jailbroken, erase data and reset settings will NOT work

Try uninstalling mobilesubstrate and see if iTunes can detect it. It could possibly be a tweak interfering with the way how iTunes detects the device

Have you tried another computer?

Cv20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
yes so it must be a tweak I have but every time I load cydia with wifi on it crashes...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.