MY JB BlackRa1n VS PwnageTools

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by labman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

1st I used Blackra1n PC jb fine I thought but nothing worked SBSetting, cydelete, bosspaper or Backgrounder nothing Blackra1n failed for me BTW I used my PC to try it.

then I used Pwnage 3.1.3 worked great I was 3.1 np and everything worked! :D 1+ Dev team!

yesterday 3.1.4 tried to rejailbreakk1st worked fine but no carrier because I did know about the expert mode. that was my bad second try got error tired went to bed.

in the night Blackra1n Mac was released so I decided to try it on the mac, or Hac :p again fail no JB apps seem to work all install but don't work. Again Blackra1n -1

then tonight re did Dev Team 3.1.4 everything went fine this time JB 3.1.2 with Pwnage 1+ Dev Team

hands Dawn Dev Teams JB wins IMO! yes it takes longer yes it is harder but at least for me the thing worked! ;)

2. Black.Ice. macrumors newbie

You must be doing something wrong because blackra1n has been working perfect for me ever since release.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I wouldn't describe the Dev Team tools as "harder", they just have more steps and take more time. I actual prefer building and archiving my own ipsw files.

4. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

your right

cause dl a file and clicking Make it Rain and waiting for Geo's photo to appear and then the system to reboot is difficult. yes I know people have had success with it just my story. figured I add my experience instead of a post about the next Iphone or some other thread! if Blackra1n worked for you great enjoy! ;) I will stick with the Dev team here on out. Still the Best IMO

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

6. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

agreed. I made it ra1n and kept having various issues like sad iPhones, all over the place boot times, random times where phone wouldn't autolock, wifi disappearing the settings just to name a few. (yes I setup as a new phone blah blah blah)

today I found a nice custom firmfile and it works fantastic

7. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

I had tons of problems with the pwnage tools, but Blackra1n worked flawlessly for me...also with the Pwnage tools you have to restore your phone completely and have to add apps/music etc all over. It's a waste of time. I'm sticking with the Blackra1n developer from now on.