My JB phone has a hardware issue: Question about replacement phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elgrecomac, Sep 7, 2010.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I discovered over the weekend that the speaker on my iphone is broken and I want to replace it with a new phone. (This includes no audio notifications for phone, messages or emails). My phone has been JB for over a month, and, as part of the process for determining if the JB was the cause of my speaker not working, I reverted my phone back to a pre-JB state on 4.0.1 (with a lot of assistance from people on this board!). I have 4.0.1 firmware and Cydia has my SHSH info.

Here is the question: can I back-rev a 4.0.2 phone to 4.0.1 given the above information (using Tinyumbrella etc) or must I wait for the 4.1 JB?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No sure if I follow you, you said you already reverted to pre-JB to 4.0.1, now you are asking if you can do "another" phone that is on 4.0.2 back t0 4.0.1?

if that is your question, the answer is the same as before (when you were looking to rever your first phone) if you have the 4.0.1 SHSH saved (either locally or on Cydia servers) for "THAT" phone them you can, if you don't them you cannot.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

maturola's spot on.

The SHSH is specific to each iPhone.

You won't be able to use your old iPhone's saved SHSH on your new iPhone.

4. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Well...darned.

Thank you both.

To clarify...I had to re-install 4.0.1 pre-JB to verify the speaker was, in fact, broken, and not the result of the JB itself. So this morning I have an appointment with and Apple 'genius' to look at the phone and, probably, get a new one.

This is really too bad...JB allows me to have the type of phone I want. So I will suffer for a couple of months until the 4.1 JB comes out.

:(

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. boxstboy macrumors member

I just got a replacement iphone 4 from the Apple store today. It had 4.0.1 on it and I immediately jailbroke it and saved my SHSH. I guess they're still giving out phones with the older firmware.

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If you're lucky, yes. Plenty of people have gotten 4.0.2 as well. It's hit or miss.

8. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Since Apple stop sending out 4.0.1 SHSH hashes, you won't be able to save it. What you saved was 4.0.2.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Something doesn't add up here, apple stop signing 4.0.1 several days ago, if you are on 4.0.1 you can jailbreak but cannot save your shah there is not way without Apple's servers.

I got my iPad replaced (hardware failure) and now I am stuck with 3.2.2 =(

10. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

What SHSH hash you can save has nothing to do with what firmware is on your device. It only has to do with what Apple is currently sending out.

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That's why it doesn't addup. He said he got it "today" and apple is not longer signing 4.0.1... How he got it signed? There is not way

12. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Since poster didn't specify which hashes he saved, obviously it was 4.0.2 since Apple quit signing 4.0.1 on like August 17th or thereabouts

13. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

As I already stated, he most likely saved 4.0.2. He really didn't say which version. Just he saved his hash.

14. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Good point:D I stand corrected

15. boxstboy macrumors member

Yes, it was 4.0.2. The phone actually came with 4.0.1 on it, I jailbroke though jailbreakme.com, and it looked like all was fine. Then I tried to upgrade Cydia which put me into restore mode, then I found out I couldn't restore to 4.0.1.

Now I'm on 4.0.2, so I'm SOL until the 4.1 jailbreak I guess. Why would upgrading cydia put me into restore mode. This sucks! Bye BiteSMS!