My keep unlimited plan on vzw

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EzDoesItSC, Sep 10, 2014.

1. EzDoesItSC macrumors member

Line 1 iPhone 5 unlimited upgrade available
    Line 2 iPhone 5s 8gb max plan no upgrade
    Line 3 dumb phone with upgrade available
    Line 4 dumb phone upgrade available

My plan is to not touch the line 1 with unlimited. I'm thinking tranfer line 3 or 4 upgrade to line 2 to get iPhone 6+ then when the phone gets here put it on line 1 and the 5s back on line 2. So that way I'm not actually ordering a phone with data plan on 3 or 4 the upgrade transferred to the line which already has a data plan.

I have been using the add a line loop hole as you might can tell to keep unlimited but since that is closed I'm hoping I can get these lines to help me out one more time.

2. aneftp macrumors 601

Verizon will force data on any line u use subsidy upgrade. This is new policy as of August 24th 2014.

So if u plan on using dummy line upgrade. That dummy line will be forced into 24 month $30/line data regardless if u switch back to dummy phone. The data plan will be requires for 24 month.

3. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Where is this policy located at?

4. g41d89a macrumors newbie

5. EzDoesItSC thread starter macrumors member

I'm going to transfer that upgrade to my wife's line that doesn't have a upgrade yet. I'm not going to do anything to that line except start the 2 years over. No phones will change on the dumb phone line. Just moving the upgrade to the line that doesn't have unlimited.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Don't forget that VZW is going to also start throttling the bandwidth as well, so your unlimited data will start getting slower once you reach a certain threshold.

7. EzDoesItSC thread starter macrumors member

If I upgrade the dumb phone line now since they changed the policy I understand you have to keep the data package on the dumb phone line that's why I'm just going to basically give the upgrade to my wife's line that already has a smart phone.