my keyboard disappears

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jojoba, Dec 21, 2011.

1. jojoba macrumors 68000

This has happened to me three of four times over the past few days, i.e. the keyboard doesn't show up when I'm about to enter text, and I'm not sure what's causing it.

A couple of times it's happened after I've made handwriting notes in Notability, so I'm wondering whether that app could cause it? (I hope not, because I love the app...). Also, a couple of times it's been close to my LogiTech keyboard so at first I was wondering if it had 'connected itself' to that as I'd forgotten to turn off bluetooth - but then my keyboard wasn't switched on so that doesn't seem very likely :confused:

Has this happened to anyone else here? Any ideas what might cause this?

The problem is 'fixed' by turning it on and off, but that's clearly not a long term solution if this is going to happen on a frequent basis.

2. jojoba thread starter macrumors 68000

OK, I found the problem now - turned out my LogiTech keyboard was turned on, and hence it connected and 'hid' my built in keyboard...

3. The Great Boony macrumors regular

Glad this has been resolved, I've hardly slept a wink.

4. pastormikec macrumors newbie

As an iPad1 user this same thing happened to me just after getting it and drove it me crazy for about an hour. Glad you figured it out.