Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bart rijksen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
What the!
I was just playing BF2142, as both my keyboards stopped working. The apple wireless, and the built in, but the mouse still worked. It worked again, after about a minute!!! I have all the updates, and it is just a week old.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Wireless keyboard? The battery might have been bumped, or be running low (but not low enough for a low power warning from Mac OS X). Wait, you say the built-in keyboard stopped working too? Then, I suspect that the part of Mac OS X that deals with keyboard input stopped responding for a minute... though I have no idea what could have caused that to happen.

bart rijksen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Wireless keyboard? The battery might have been bumped, or be running low (but not low enough for a low power warning from Mac OS X). Wait, you say the built-in keyboard stopped working too? Then, I suspect that the part of Mac OS X that deals with keyboard input stopped responding for a minute... though I have no idea what could have caused that to happen.

full battery just week old. also mbp built in keyboard. Just had it happen again.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
full battery just week old. also mbp built in keyboard. Just had it happen again.
Okay, so it's definitely not the battery. Do you have some other application installed that deals with keyboard input - say, a keyboard macro program? If you do, you may have a clash between your game and that program. Fortunately, most keyboard modifier programs can be disabled temporarily.

bart rijksen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
The only thing i have done, is use monolingual, to delete some keyboard input's, but i kept english, and all my apps are in english.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.