My keyboard stops working in Leopard - may be to do with Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mr Skills, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

I've just upgrade my MacBook to Leopard and everything is great except...

My keyboard keeps stopping working. As far as I can tell it seems to happen when I'm using Mail. It just stops responding completely, and I can't type into any program. Then if I log out and back in, everything's fine again.

Has anyone else seen this?

2. darrdarr macrumors newbie

I see this too

I see this too, although with Firefox. A sleep, logoff, restart or sometimes just a switch into a system panel helps. I seem to have issues after connecting and disconnecting an external USB keyboard. (Never had the external keyboard stop working tho')

3. KristenM macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem in my brand new MacBook running Leopard. I've noticed it happening when I had Mail open the other day and then it just happened when I opened Firefox a few minutes ago. I had to reboot to get it back.

4. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

My b/t keyboard has stopped working too ! Started coming up with funny lookin charectars e.t.c........reboot dont fix it though

5. weeag macrumors regular

add me to the list. It happens for me on waking the macbook in all applications. I only found a restart or re-waking to fix it.

6. theSolution macrumors newbie

why Leopard messed up the Keyboard functionality?

I'm also loosing control over my keyboard from time to time, regardless of the application I'm running. I'm managing to get around it by hitting randomly one of the function keys (mainly F7 to F12).
    That is very annoying, you all think we should get back to older versions!

7. nilo macrumors newbie

8. jstorm macrumors newbie

Keyboard freeze MacBook

I just got a brand new MacBook (white w/ Leopard) to replace a 3-year old iBook G4. (I have been using Macs since the first came out in the 80's.)

I am having the same problem of the keyboard locking-up. So far it has happened in Eudora 6.2.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.9. There is absolutely no keyboard response to any key or combination, although a USB mouse and the trackpad work fine. I have only been able to reset it by restarting.

I also have had trouble with the "y" key. I have to mash it really hard to get it to work - this happens all the time in all applications. The keyboard does not have nearly as good a "feel" as my iBook G4 had. Since I use it for typing reports in my work, I may need to get a USB keyboard for use at home.

9. Iced Angel macrumors regular

I have the same problem ... in addition to this problem, after my macbook pro wakes from sleep mode, the cursor moves very very very slow with lag !! I have to restart the system every time the laptop wakes up :(