My keyboard &

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by miTunes75, Oct 7, 2007.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

my keyboard and mouse are going crazy!!!! Everytime when I left click, it rings up the menu as if I right clicked. Then, my apple keyboard will work, then become unresponsive, work, then unresponsive. example, i hit the eject cd button and window comes up and asks me if I want to shut down. I'll type this thread, then it'll just stop. If I hit the r key, then it refreshes the window. Could it be my keyboard and mouse? Or would it be my mac mini? It has taken me 15 minutes to type this while the keyboard will decide to go unresponsive. Ugh! I hope someone has an answer for me.

BTW, I did try restarting, and the same thing occurs. I have looked through system preferences, they mouse settings are fine.

Please help.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Have you repaired permissions?

Are we talking BT devices? If so, try re-pairing them.

Check system preferences > universal access.

3. dcv macrumors G3

^ Sounds like your Ctrl key is stuck.

...although that doesn't explain this one as that would be a stuck Command key :confused:

4. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

no - all wired. how do i repair permissions?

now if i use my scroll wheel on my mouse, it zooms my screen.

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Both keys stuck?

6. dcv macrumors G3

Definitely sounds like a problem with your Ctrl key then.

7. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

the control buttons are not depressed, However, what I have done is pop the control buttons off the keyboard. I don't know if it's going to help, but I'm going to continue messing around with this and see if my problems continue. Could it just be my keyboard needing replaced if this is the case?

8. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I had this problem too once, rendering the computer totally useless.

It's some kind of universal access trick where ctr + command + alt is pressed down all the time. You can notice it also by pressing 'd', it will make the dock hide/show.

Try press ctrl + f1 --> f6 (can't remember precisely which one) to remove full keyboard access. I am fairly sure this was what I did to get rid of it.

9. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have had the keyboard unplugged the whole time I was in church and went out to dinner with fam/kids. Came home, plugged it back in and has been working flawlessly for 10 minutes.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm..........

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Perhaps it was an act of god. :eek:

11. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, they keyboard is jacking up still. I'm going to try to use another keyboard from work and see if there's a diff. (it's not an apple one, though) :confused:

12. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried the cntrl+F1...and cntrl+F6 ...still not working.

Also, I have tried preferences, keyboard and mouse, unchecked and checked the keyboard control option...still the same problem.

I'm wondering if I just get a new keyboard if it would resolve it.

13. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I would try another keyboard if only to find out if it is the keyboard or the computer.