My kids want to try Apple Music...no credit card on file

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Shockwave78, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

so my kids have iPhones 6's and want to try out Apple music obviously but they are prompted to put a credit card on file, that ain't happening.

Anyway..during my setup on my phone I selected the family plan if I decide to continue the device afte the three months. Is there anyway to add them to this now so they can try it out? Basically is there any way around it so they can try Apple music out with me having to enter my CC info?

Thanks

2. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

You would have to:

put your CC on file on each of their phones (not the family plan) to activate it.

Turn off auto renewal so that it won't bill you after the trial is up (Mac rumors along with other blogs posted how to do this yesterday or the day before)

Delete your card info off of each of their iTunes accounts.

That's the only way I know.
    Unfortunately you must submit your card info but you DO NOT have to keep it on file afterwards (we took ours off immediately after sign up).

I tried doing it through family sharing but if you cancel family sharing and delete the card, whoever initiated it would still have it but the rest of the devices lost the free trial.

3. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Add them to your Family Sharing, it's pretty much the exact situation it's made for.

4. OsideRida06 macrumors member

Yep, I just did this yesterday for my 8 year old and her iPad. :]