My languages are gone? Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iaddict, May 3, 2010.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

I downloaded a program called "Clean My Mac" . I got rid of things that were unused. I don't know why this happened except I wasn't thinking but now all languages are gone (didn't think at the time that would be an issue) but...I have a son taking Greek and I had to print out a test for him.:eek: I didn't notice it but it did not print out in Greek. How do I get back languages without having to re-install the OS?

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

By using your backup...

Sorry, but the only way is to go back to a point before you used CleanMyMac. :(

3. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I am so mad at myself for doing it. This is a real pain...

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

5. Greka macrumors newbie

Hello!

You just did not set up Language Preferences correctly in CleanMyMac settings and it left only the English localization in your apps. You don't need to reinstall the OS. You can just reinstall the apps that were affected.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

CleanMyMac is well known on these forums for making a mess of the system. A search on the forums will show lots of threads about problems using CleanMyMac.

7. Greka macrumors newbie

CleanMyMac Support

CleanMyMac is a complex cleaning utility and it involves some actions with application files because of its main cleaning purposes. It does not make any 'mess' on your system if it is used correctly. Moreover, it has all the necessary tools and features to avoid most of the possible issues.

The overwhelming majority of our users, which also include Apple employees are extremely happy with CleanMyMac and it has proven to be the leading cleaning solution by literally all the well-known and trusted reviewers.

You can have complications with any software, it is just necessary to see the positive sides before you describe anything in bad light and say that it is bad just because you did not use it :)

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

You obviously haven't read any of the threads about people having trouble with CleanMyMac. There is no real need for the program at all in my opinion.