My latest media solution!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by marlman, Dec 4, 2015.

1. marlman macrumors regular

marlman

First of all this is my kit Samsung Smart TV, Samsung Bluetooth Soundbar, Apple TV 4, WD NAS, Logitech Harmony Remote. All my films and tv shows are on my NAS and my music is on Onedrive

I used to use Plex which is great but always hated having a server running 24/7

For my films and tv shows I use Infuser 4 for the Apple TV its really good plays all my formats without any problems.

For my music I used to use iTunes Match which is a bit of a nuisance because iTunes does not follow a folder so you have to manually add new music every time plus you have to pay.

I now use the Cloudbeats app on my iPhone to stream to my Soundbar via Bluetooth No Winners need to have the TV on anymore!

I have set up my remote for all my activities so it turns all my kit on and off when needed

So I am happy for now but never say never!

2. Mac... nificent, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

Sounds good. Will be switching to Infuse 4 and away from plex also. Needing a server on plex is the pits.

3. LOLobo macrumors member

The fact that Plex can stream anywhere from my library at home (to the wife on break at work or the kids waiting at the DMV) makes having a simply Mini with external storage well worth having it run 24/7.