My LCD screen cracked....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ggbbn, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ggbbn macrumors newbie

Days ago I accidentally stepped on my Iphone 3GS when it was left recharging on the ground ....
    The result is quite odd because the glass of the surface didn't crack but there were two clear cracks in the LCD screen under the glass, and formed a grey stripe across the screen horizontally which seemed to be some kinda bigger crack on LCD. Strangely, after this happened, the battery's lifetime decrease sharply, I need to recharge it almost everyday.

So could you pls tell me that is it possible to replace the LCD screen cuz I don't want to throw it in the rubbish bin...

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Yes you can, either at the Apple Store (where tehy might charge you for it)

Or you can order the parts on eBay (make sure you get the screen for the 3GS, i understand it's different from the 3G) and just replace it yourself, it'll take about an hour depend on how nimble you are.

3. ggbbn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx a lot.

Actually I'm concerned about the quality of LCD screen if I get one from Ebay, it seems quite cheap than APPLE Store.....

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

If you said that the battery is giving you issues as well, I'd go to an Apple store and be honest about what happened. They'll probably give you a new phone for (IIRC) $199.

5. ggbbn thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, thx alot.

I'll try to take a visit to apple store tomorrow, hope it would be as u said. :)