My Leopard dock's being odd

Discussion in 'macOS' started by joesenior91, Nov 17, 2007.

1. joesenior91 macrumors member

Hi there

I've just noticed that the actual sheet of 'glass' in my dock is not visible. Every thing else just works fine on it. I even have reflections still, just no glass that reflects.

Any ideas why this might have happened?

Also the reflection of the trashcan sucks.

cheers, Joe

Attached Files:

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

3. joesenior91 thread starter macrumors member

nope

but i did copy over the majority of the contents of my old iBook, which had clear dock on it. But i don't think i copied that over

cheers, Joe

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Hm, might want to look into the clear dock thing then and see if that is the issue.

5. instapro macrumors newbie

My Leopard dock's being odd

You are not alone on this one. This happened to my dock today for the first time on this machine and I have NOT installed or tweaked any clear dock apps what so ever.

I have been using Leopard now for a couple weeks, but have had a 24" iMac 2.4 GHz IC2D 2 GB Ram for a little longer.

I'm also seeing the trash icon in the dock reflect a little different than all the rest of the icons. It overlaps it's own reflection instead of simply touch.

I have not found any possible causes yet to why this might be happening.

Attached Files:

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

That part at least is normal. Some icons in the Dock do that for some reason (look at iTunes, iCal, Time Machine for examples).

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I've had this problem too, and I did modify my Dock, but then restored it to it's original state. I also randomly lose other images, such as the background for Stacks and for item labels in the Dock. No idea why, and I haven't been able to fix it yet.

jW

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No effect for me, though I was trying to figure out if permissions were an issue.

jW

10. joesenior91 thread starter macrumors member

so no one has any idea how to fix this?

if i reset my mac then the dock is back to normal. bt occasionally it goes back to the odd version. this might be only after i wake it up from sleep. or it might be completely random. i have no idea i'm afraid

anyone know why this might be happening?

11. slashjunior macrumors regular

I'm glad I am not the only one! It doesn't happen very often only about 10% of the time I bring it back from Sleep. I have done no tweaks.

Resetting remedies it, although that is a slight pain as I pretty much never turn it off. The strange thing is that it never happens on my MacBook. I am thinking it could be a problem with iMac...possibly the graphics card that the iMac's use? Hopefully enough people have this problem so it will force Apple into fixing it otherwise they may just ignore it :(

It doesn't really effect functionality and it looks pretty cool if I am honesty, although it does look a bit strange. It just becomes such a distraction in the end I am forced into resetting. Maybe I have an OCD lol.