my leopard install on my ibook G4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by otis123, Oct 27, 2007.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

just finished my archive and install five minutes ago, and it is awesome, i LOVE the look of the new desktop, it runs so well, and im really impressed, but leopard ate a lot of disk space, when i did my last shutdown in tiger i had 16gb now i have 12gb, i did a custom install, removed languages, printer drivers, and my previous system folder, so is leopard just 4gb bigger?, anyway im smitten.

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I have 15gb with Leopard on my ibook. My Mac Mini has 2 external HDs so I don't care and my iMac has 205gb + the time machine HD.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

For me on my iBook, Leopard was about 2 GB bigger than Tiger. Granted, I also went through and deleted Languages and got rid of UB **** I didn't need through Xslimmer and Monolingual.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I did an upgrade on my 1.2GHz 512MB RAM iBook on Friday. I've just finished a clean install with a bunch of the iLife stuff I was never going to need deleted and it's SOOO much faster from the clean install than it was on the upgrade.

I mean about twice as fast in rendering the coverflow stuff and quicklook.

Anybody else find that they can't flip through pages in coverflow on anything other than pdf files? Apple shows people flipping through Keynote slides but I can only do the page flip on pdfs.

Mine can't render the translucent menu bar because the graphics card is the one before the one that can do the core image stuff properly.

5. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

anyone have an idea of what would take 4 gigs, i ran what size and it looked normal

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

You might try something like delocalizer to remove even more languages, from other applications you have on your computer. It can cleanup quite a bit sometimes depending on whats on your system.

7. FloorMatt macrumors newbie

So, you did an archive and install? Did you delete the "Previous System" folder? That is probably what is taking up that space.

8. NateTech macrumors newbie

Problems with Airport "Not Installed" after 10.3.9 to 10.5 upgrade

So far, the MacBook upgrade went great, but my wife's older iBook running Panther came up and ran fine, even downloaded the three updates online via Airport, and then the Airport Card is no longer "installed" after the reboot.

I'm going to image her disk to an external drive and then perform a clean install without upgrade and see if it helps the Airport Extreme card become "found" again.

It's a 1.07 GHz iBook with 1.25 GB of RAM.

Not cool.

9. jnasato macrumors regular

Leopard is larger than Tiger.

I installed Leopard on my iBook G4, and if the Applications folder is set as the default for new folders, the window is too large and goes off screen, which sucks. Maximize window button does nothing.

Also, using Xbench, my iBook does worse on the Open GL tests, among others.