My Leopard MBP WONT Sleep!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ILOVEMYMBP2.2g, Oct 28, 2007.

1. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

I just installed leopard 2 days ago and now my MBP that i got in july will not go to sleep when i shut the lid or go to the apple then sleep. In Tiger it worked beautifully, but now the light that used to pulse just stays dim white and the display will just cut off, my MBP also gets very hot, like last time i opened it, it was at 175 degrees and i was pretty alarmed, can anyone please help me fix this issue, i would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out, i really want to be able to put my mac to sleep!

2. Kaptajn Haddock macrumors regular

Kaptajn Haddock

3. MacDany macrumors newbie

Same here...except that in my case it's only the automatic sleep mode which doesn't work.

Re-installing Leopard with the "Archive & Install" option fixed the other two sleeping problems: now my MacBook goes to sleep when I close its lid or choose Sleep from the menu.

4. JMCNYC macrumors newbie

MBP wont sleep

Had same problem. Eventually, i couldnt do anything. After a restart the set-up wizard came up and kept cycling me through it with no apparent end. Ran Disk Utility to check HD, which was okay, then reinstalled Leopard with Archive and Install. So far, so good. For those with production machines that cannot afford downtime, I would wait a bit or be sure to back up your system before installing Leopard and Time Machine as soon as you do install Leopard.

5. shayn macrumors newbie

My new sr mbp won't sleep either :mad: I installed leopard by erase and install as the mbp was brand new.

6. millerrh macrumors 6502

My MBP won't sleep either! I can get it to sleep if I do it by hand, but it won't go to sleep automatically. Are you guys really installing everything all over again? What a pain...

7. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

anyone have a solution for this???
    mine started the exact same behavior...no automatic sleep for me...

8. millerrh macrumors 6502

My solution is to make sure that Gmail isn't open in my web browswer. So long as that's not open, mine will sleep. But I think I have a different problem than most of you.

9. Porridge90 macrumors newbie

sleep solution

Here it is.

1- Go to: library>frameworks folder
    2- Trash anything in that folder that relates to HP and HPP
    3- Restart, and it will sleep like a baby.

found it on another forum apparently it took the guys that figured it out 2 week anyway it defiantly works fine on my imac g5

10. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

11. sam-i-am macrumors member

First test was successful, but we'll see over the next few days.

It's funny that both of the times my Leopard install got jacked up it was either due to Microsoft (mouse "drivers") or HP. I guess they're just used to the status quo of things not working. :rolleyes:

If this really works I'm going to buy you a pizza.