My life is in Jeopardy!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Justibackwardsn, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Justibackwardsn macrumors member

Well, kinda.... more the catchy jingle.

Anyway. I have a question for the people that have ordered their iMacs this week, or at least people in the know.

Saturday I will have the funds to buy the 3.06 GHz iMac. I was wondering how long the shipping for an iMac with a ATI Radeon graphics is right now. Next week is spring break, and you know how idle hands are.........

The thing is I am not sure if I will need the card, but since I can get it for just $5 more than the geforce. I want to know if I should just skip over to the Apple Store, or buy online and wait it out. I am using the computer for graphic design, not gaming.

2. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Only one user has reported that their estimated ship date for the Radeon 4850 is before mid April.

3. bvk macrumors newbie

Go get yourself the iMac NOW.

Graphic Design does not need the ATI. I'm an Illustrator/Graphic Designer and am picking up my 3.06GHz iMac tomorrow. In a year or so, when the price comes down, bump up the ram to 8 Gigs and you'll be laughing.

4. Justibackwardsn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I think I'll go to the Apple Store Saturday and pick one up. I just checked out Apple.com and they said 4-6 weeks for shipping! Spring break is next week, and I don't want to be bored all week!

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030