Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tealzter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
What don't you like about the new iOS7 on the iPhone? Here is my list:
1. Can no longer search To, From, Subject, or All in the Mailboxes. It's just a generic string search.
2. The string search in Mailboxes doesn't quite work. If you enter hello@gmail.com it will return all emails with "hello" AND "gmail" AND "com" AND "@" AND (dot).
3. When entering dates for a contact, you're now given some over-lubricated carrousel fields which don't stop when you want it to.
4. In Calendar, they've removed List, Day, and Month options. I can no longer just see what appointments I have for a month by selecting the date, now it shows me my appointment but zoomed to a weekly view. I have to go back to month view then select another day of the month.
5. App Store Updates. Even though they've been updated, the apps are still there. I don't want them there.
6. I can't even rub the screen to remove a smudge without triggering the Search.
7. When I hang up after a call that I made, the phone would immediately redial again! It's happened 4 times already.
8. When you shutdown multiple apps at the same time (swipe up using three fingers) the last open alp will have an icon at the bottom, but no screenshot. You can close it unless you goto the main "desktop" then double click again so you can close it individually.
9. The Control Centre needs to have direct access to the Music app. To get to it I gave to click on the current music, then click on the name just to access the damn app.

terzinator

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
1. Can no longer search To, From, Subject, or All in the Mailboxes. It's just a generic string search.
2. The string search in Mailboxes doesn't quite work. If you enter hello@gmail.com it will return all emails with "hello" AND "gmail" AND "com" AND "@" AND (dot).

Ok, that kind of is really crappy. I can't believe they'd pull that functionality out just because it might not have looked cool.

10) can't seem to delete music purchased on the phone (lots of posts about this)

AntnyMikal

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Off the top my biggies are

No control center or notifications in landscape.

I want to choose what shows up in the control center especially from the lock screen. I like that I can toggle wi-fi, BT, use flashlight or camera. But I would like to the option to not have airplane mode there or anything else . The phone could be taken and instantly put in airplane mode. Doesn't make much sense to me especially since you can choose what shows up for notifications, just seems lazy to be quite honest.

I'd also like the option to require the pass code to turn phone off or be recognized by any computer other than my own. Again can't turn it off or put in Airplane mode, meaning it has signal to be remotely wiped etc. barring unlikely extreme measures.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.