My List of iOS Beta 2 Calendar Bugs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shackrat, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Shackrat macrumors member

As many beta testers know, the calendar in iOS 5b2 is pretty much unusable. I'm a calendar warrior and use it frequently; these are the three bugs I've discovered thus far. I have not seen them grouped together in one place yet, so I hope this helps other beta users.

1. Calendar hangs indefinately in Month View.
    2. All calendar accounts must be turned off and on again to restore calendar functionality.
    3. "Availability" option is missing for new appointments.

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I found a really annoying one today that was bad enough to make me go back to 4.3.3:

It seems like iOS is continually refreshing calendar entries (exchange and MobileMe ones anyway), while the calendar is open, but it does it by deleting and re-adding them. The net result is that if you open an entry to view its details, it will kick you back to the main calendar screen in a second or two!

3. garrettj macrumors member

Strange. I have iOS beta 2 installed and I'm not seeing any of these problems.

For what it's worth, after restoring the beta 2 firmware, I restored from a recent backup in iTunes that contained all my mail/calendar/contacts accounts from beta 1. Did you guys create the accounts from scratch in beta 2?

4. Shackrat thread starter macrumors member

Yes, actually I wound up doing that to see if that helped things. Cleared out all old accounts, rebooted iPad, then added them one at a time, launching the calendar between each account. No improvement.

I have Exchange, MobileMe, and iCloud calendars enabled.

5. wassup121 macrumors member

i had to turn off calendar notifications in the notification center bc it repeated entries like 10x each. so annoying.

6. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Guys,

I assume you are filing these bug reports with Apple, right?

bugreporter.apple.com

Otherwise there's no point in listing these.

7. Shackrat thread starter macrumors member

Of course. I listed them here for those who may be frustrated and wondering if they have found a bug.

8. garrettj macrumors member

Sure there's a point. There's nothing wrong with discussing the bug to see if it can be reproduced before submitting it to Apple.