My Local Apple Shop Had No New Macbooks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AndyBob09, Oct 15, 2008.

1. AndyBob09 macrumors newbie

So I bought the 2.4 GhZ white one after being told these would be unavailable tomorrow when the new ones are shipped to the shop. I was also told that I could return the white one when the new ones are available.

Does anybody know if I can return it when open and used and what time frame I have to do this in? Also, I have taken the barcodes from the box in order to get my iPod Nano Student rebate. Is it ok to return it in this state?

2. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Hate to say it, but you're screwed buddy. If you removed the barcodes for the iPod Nano rebate, there's no way you can return that MacBook. Best to sell it on eBay now.

3. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Odds aren't in your favor. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

What made you change your mind?

4. AndyBob09 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been wanting the new model for 2 months now. When they were finally released yesterday, it was a bit of an anticlimax for me. The price was a massive deciding factor also. So I thought, I'll go with the Whitebook for just now and the guy at Apple said I could change it if I change my mind.

5. maximumsportz macrumors regular

Not smart, you waited 2 months and couldn't wait a couple more days??? I would never trust any one of those apple trolls.

6. AndyBob09 thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I waited 2 months, then was disappointed with the product that I'd waited for 2 months for. So went with the original white one.

7. maximumsportz macrumors regular

Ah ok, well if your happy with your purchase than cheers!