My local Apple store has all Mac Pro models!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Aug 23, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I just called the Galleria Apple store (15 minutes away from me) and they have all the models in. They have all the 12 cores, QUADS (2.8GHz, 3.2GHz) and the 3.33GHz 6 core!

I cant believe they have it all in stock already. Gosh I'm so tempted.

2. oilfighter macrumors regular

That's great, but where are you from?

3. dknightd macrumors 6502

4. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Houston Texas.

5. ctishue macrumors member

6. xispec macrumors member

My local Apple store's employees still have no idea when they are suppose to get any 5870 upgrade kits. I'm going crazy, I need to purchase one ASAP!

7. cured.not.dried macrumors member

wow, that's awesome. :D

when i worked at the baybrook mall apple store (also in houston) they only carried the quad cores.

that was, of course, way back in 2007...

8. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

That seems odd that they would stock up with all models, because most people dont want to carry a 40-odd pound computer to their car, to their house. Most people who buy a Mac Pro buy online. What I am trying to say is that there will be a large surplus of (last-generation)Mac Pros when the next update comes. I doubt that they will sell all of their MacPro inventory.

9. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I dont know what you mean by "most people." It seems that most people here online order one on the day its released to have it delivered to their door step.

As for me, the previous 3 Mac Pros that I've owned, I've always picked it up and loaded into my car and took it home (instant gratification). :D

As for the 5870, they dont have that at the store. They have all the Mac Pro models with only the stock configurations. I'm not sure about the 12 core models though, they could have one with the 5870 and labelled it as "ultimate" model or something.

10. sboerup macrumors 6502

Considering it's this early in the game, most people going to a store might not know which MP fits their needs and Apple will sell them based on what is in stock. I doubt ANY of the current MP configs will be sitting on shelves for more than 3 months at any store.