my local apple store offers free Leopard upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gyumilly, Oct 3, 2007.

1. gyumilly macrumors member

I just got an email that our school's apple store offers a free Leopard upgrade for buying any in stock mac. I am personally waiting for a new design on macbook pro, but for those of you who have been waiting for the release date to buy a new mac, you can certainly check out an apple store near you. This way, you can always go back to Tiger in casae Leopard has a critical problem.

However, this seems to be a store-specific promotion, but there might be others participating as well.

http://www.k-state.edu/infotech/news/tuesday/archive/2007/10-02.UCSleopard10.5.pdf

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I don't think this is Apple's policy I am pretty sure your university (through the Apple store) is holding this promotion.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, i don't think that's apple either. but still a good sign that leopard is almost here!

4. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

The thread title's a little misleading, since "Apple Store" generally connotes "Apple Retail Store".

That said, it's very nice of your University's on-campus computer store to offer a free upgrade to anyone who purchases a Mac prior to Leopard's release.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah it is nice. but some schools give you software for free anyways, depending on your department

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Since it is a Uni., I suspect that they are on an Apple site license, and will have purchased the right to distribute to all students and staff (and only to current students and staff BTW).

Otherwise, they'll lose $100+ per machine, which is not sustainable, or they're planning to pirate the software, which would not be a good thing.

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i would like to think that they wouldn't pirate the software