My local target has one in stock...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Virgo, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I called and they have ONE black 16 wifi which is the one I want... but I only have $330 at the moment... I need help asking my dad to pay the rest! I'm thinking of using the "I can use it for textbooks" argument. Any other ideas?

2. Zexel macrumors member

Save your money until you can afford one? Plus the longer you wait the more likely inventory will replenish.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

4. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

Buy when you have the money. You'll find plenty of iPads in the future.

5. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

They are starting to become plentiful in my area. All the walmarts and targets have had good supply for the past two weeks. Save your money, you'll find one when you have the cash:)

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

7. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Get FindOne Plus for your iphone and it will search local Walmart, Taget, Best Buy's, and Radio Shacks for stock of them. I love it and know when they have them in stock and what models/versions. The free one doesn't show all the stores but the paid one which is cheap does.

8. ronaldmcdonald macrumors member

By the time ynou figured out this issue, the ipad is probably sold.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Need to figure a better strategy than that... As a dad, my answer would be: buy the paper textbooks used on Amazon and resell them there too. Net cost is a fraction of electronic edition textbooks.

Next idea?

10. Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

I don't have an iPhone :(. Is there an accurate website like that? I used ipad2locator.com, but it wasn't quite accurate. The way I found this one was on Target.com > find in stores. But yeah... doesn't look like I'm getting it just yet. I'll keep waiting and checking the local inventories, as I don't want to play the wait-for-it-to-ship from Apple online game.

11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Target offers 5% off on everything they buy at their store as long as you use their credit card. You can start off there. You might think 5% off isn't a big freaking deal, but it is. iPad costs 499 dollars and 5% off gives you like 25 dollars.

Also, you might want to go to craiglist and keep searching for people who are selling their iPad 2 at a cheaper price than retail.

Finally, if you have 330 dollars, then your best bet is to buy an iPad 1. These things never go on sale until like Black Friday.

12. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Give me your Zipcode and I can look for you when you are ready.

13. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Early Birthday/Christmas present ?

14. Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

Thanks

Hmm, my b-day is in September, so perhaps. He did say he would think about it later this month when he gets more $ "if it's a utility for school." :D

15. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Hope the following thread helps you out a bit:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1118982

Good luck. :)

16. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

Ignore all those truly helpful people who are keen to tell you to wait until you can afford it, or to keep saving and get one when you have enough money yourself. Providing people with unsolicited advice on financial and personal wisdom is too easy for some to pass up.

As a father, if one of my kids came to me and said they had half the money saved up for a new iPad I'd be quite impressed they'd done that well! If they then said that if I put up the rest of the cash and their grades didn't improve as a result of having one for school use, research, note taking and managing workloads and deadlines, they'd pay me back by Christmas in any combination of cash or work, I'd be happy to provide the rest of the balance. A kid who is prepared to save up, to commit to harder work at school and work at home is a kid most parents would be more than happy to support.

17. taipan61 macrumors 6502

i applaud your logic sir!
    as a father i did the same when they saved up for their first cars and anything major
    but now as a grandparent i just spoil the lil ones:D
    (the louder the better!)

18. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I ordered my iPad 16b white wifi from a webstore called Jigsaw24 in the UK

Over the phone he said they had 70+ of them in stock :D

Got it this morning (next day delivery is lovely)

19. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

20. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

If you wait a bit longer than that, you can get an iPad 4

21. gigemzach macrumors 6502

+1

22. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Hmmm I wouldn't ask for anyone's help on this....since it is a gadget I "want" but not "need"...
    I saved up and found a job. Got one when I had enough. :)

23. deeddawg macrumors 604

To be fair, the OP opened the door to such responses.

IMHO, encouraging people to learn to put off non-appreciating major purchases until they can be made without using credit is good advice, even if unpopular in today's instant-gratification world.

Helping out a high school or college age child to make the stretch to buy a car so they can then get (or get to) a job, in return for future additional effort or paying back the loan? Sure, that makes sense. Helping buy a luxury electronics good? Not to me.

Each to their own, I guess.

24. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I'd hold out for iPad 5 tbh :rolleyes:

Joking aside, don't expect iPad 3 until next year at the very minimum