"My Location" is wrong - Reset network settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KentuckyHouse, Jun 12, 2010.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hey guys. I've done a bit of reading and searching and I found this to be an issue for others.

When I'm in the Maps app and I turn on My Location, it's showing that I'm located about 85 miles (yes, 85 miles!) west of where I actually am. This is obviously not a good thing since I use the app constantly at my job and I need it to be accurate.

This just started a few days ago...before that it worked perfectly. I haven't installed any new apps or changed anything in the settings. I've got a 16GB 3GS, jailbroken with Spirit, and I read where someone suggested turning off 3G and it would work properly. I did and yes, it worked. Unfortunately, when I turn 3G back on, it goes right back to showing me 85 miles to the west.

I would suppose I need to reset Network Settings? And if I do that, I'm not gonna screw something up, correct? I tend to stay away from the part of settings that shows all the resets for fear of screwing something up...lol.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

why don't you try doing a restore? and then rejailbreak. It's tedious, but it should get you working. If not, then there's something wrong with the hardware

3. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Thanks for the response, yayitsezekiel. I'm hoping that's the last resort measure, though! LOL.

Well, I went ahead and reset the network settings and it didn't work. Hmm...any other ideas other than what yayitsezekiel mentioned above?