My LogicBoard melted the screen, a new one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xpcker, Apr 29, 2013.

1. xpcker macrumors regular

Hi guys, my RMBP logic board burned my screen, took it to the apple service and they put a new screen and bum, burned.

So now the service is waiting for the spare parts of the logic board and the screen that will take a couple of weeks to come here to chile and my computer has all my company info wich i need to move my company (i got a backup but is older, there some crucial parts)

shall i request a new one? i called and the dont want to but i dont know what apple warranty especific says about this

thank you!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't know about laws where you're at, but in the U.S. there is a lemon law. I think 3 repairs qualifies. For you, if this is as drastic as you say, I would request an entirely new machine.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

How does a logic board burn a screen? There a keyboard in the way at least. Did melt the keyboard also? :confused:

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

1. You have to make a new update. Your data might get lost during repair.

2. You can ask for a replacement machine, but you are not entitled to it. Explain your situation, be nice, you might get lucky.

PS: I would also be interested in what exactly you mean by "burn the screen."

5. xpcker thread starter macrumors regular

i was listening to grooveshark when suddenly the screen went black and absolutely dead, they plugged a new one and in 2 seconds dead.

so the logic is bad and the screen obviously, also my "A" key lost the black protection and u can see inside, can i demand for a new one? if that so, is there a paragraph or something in the warranty disclousure?

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

If it's really important to your company, why not buy a 2nd MBP and move the HDD from your current dead MBP into the new one? Also it would be sound business practice to have 2nd computer anyway with some way of synchronizing your company data.

7. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Why don't you read the warranty statement that came with your machine. Usually there are some country specific statements.

If the "A" key is broken they should replace it (or the whole keyboard). Unless you caused the damage.

How do you run your business right now?

8. xpcker thread starter macrumors regular

on a macbook air of my father

its my own business, i dont have the money in cash to get a new one im a micro company

cheers :D