My lucky day.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidjearly, Sep 2, 2016.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Just wanted to share a positive experience I had with Apple today. I recently bought a used mid 2012 rMBP from another member on here. It worked well for a few months, and then started having the well documented graphics glitches and random restarts that plague some of the 2011-2012 models.

I took it to the Apple store after speaking to AppleCare. I did not hold out much hope of anything other than another repair under the extended MacBook repair programme that is going on. I sat with the Genius and explained the issue. He looked into the history of the MacBook and the number/type of repairs it had been through. After a few minutes he called over a female colleague and said a few things to her that I didn't quite pick up. Seconds later, I'm being told that they are going to put this whole thing right and swap the machine out with a brand new, top line 15" rMBP with another year warranty to boot.

So, here I am typing away on the 2015 2.5 GHz rMBP. Quite simply, and consistently, Apple provide me with the best customer service I receive from any company.

2. Patcell macrumors 6502

Congrats man! Cannot beat that experience...

3. jerryk macrumors 68020

Congrats. I have a 2015 rMBP 15 with dGPU and so far no issues with the graphics.

4. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

I am wondering...If I am using just my integrated graphics card...Is it possible to have this issue on my macbook?

5. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Pretty cool if you ask me. :cool: Enjoy!

6. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

You should thank Scotland, not Apple.

Scotland has very strict consumer protection laws.

No way would something like this happened in the US.

7. croco_dile macrumors regular

Wow, Apple's customer service is still unbeatable... and its probably the one area no competition has caught up.

8. davidjearly thread starter macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Don't get me wrong, we do have good consumer protection over here. But that's the beauty of this, I thought I would have to go down that road to get service (which can involve a significant battle trying to demonstrate a burden of proof), but I didn't. It didn't come into it. I didn't have to make any claim on that basis. This was just solid customer satisfaction.

The staff I dealt with did say this was the best part of their job.