My Mac Gaming/Productivity Mouse Conundrum

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Breaketh, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Breaketh macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

As the title says, I have a bit of a problem in trying to find the right mouse for me as my current Razer DeathAdder is now broken. I was planning on buying another, but being a graphic designer but also an active gamer (usually LoL and CSGO), I'm finding choosing my next mouse a bit tricky.

A friend of mine recommended getting a Razer Naga, but found it uncomfortable to use, however, after lurking through forums I've come to the point of whether or not I should buy a G602 or a G700s.

I was planning on getting the Logitech G602 due to the fact it had a good amount of programmable buttons with a shape reminiscent of the MX950 which felt great in my hands. However, the 2500dpi limit is kind of turning me off as I liked having my dpi around 4500 as it allowed me to use the mouse without much movement and less strain on my wrist.

However, recently I've read people using the Logitech G700s with 3rd party software such as Steermouse or USB Overdrive and was wondering if anyone could give me insight in how functional the G700s is with the 3rd party software, such as all the buttons being available, etc. or if the 3rd party software is even needed.

Anyways, thanks in advanced for anyone who replies and I'm more than welcomed to any other mice that have a dpi around 4000 and an ample amount of buttons to use.

2. tacorrito macrumors newbie

Considering you had a Razer Deathadder before, have you thought of the Steelseries Sensei? It's a very comfortable mouse, and if I'm not wrong, it's got about 4 or 5 programmable buttons (excluding the main left and right buttons).

3. Breaketh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply! I just had a browse on the website and might check it out in a shop to see if it'd be comfortable to use. Is it comparable to the DeathAdder in size?

4. tacorrito macrumors newbie

I think it's slightly smaller than the DeathAdder, but no less comfortable to use.