My Mac has a virus!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bootis, Sep 16, 2008.

1. bootis macrumors newbie

I always heard and assumed macs don't have problems with viruses. I am going out of my mind here finding any reference or soultion to my problem:
    Whenever I check my yahoo mail (I use firefox), I am automatically sent to some spam site, usually ztomy.com, or others. it's not a popup, it just sends me there. I downloaded mac scan, and it said it found 1 spyware. So i deleted it, but the same thing keeps happening! And I seem to be the ONLY person on the net who uses a Mac and has this problem. I don't know what to do! :confused: If anyone has any suggestions, I will be very greatfull

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Have you installed anything recently? Quicktime codecs maybe?

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

if that app u used gives you a location for said spyware, id check it out myself and see if any files are sitting around.

4. bootis thread starter macrumors newbie

Firefox was the last thing I installed, several months ago, but this problem has been happening for a few months now also, though I don't know it it started at the same time.

5. sallywon macrumors newbie

Mac has a virus

Remove your Firefox completely and download new version of that and reinstall it, I think your problem would be solve.:D