my Mac is driving me CRAZY

Discussion in 'macOS' started by isethx, Jul 25, 2009.

1. isethx macrumors regular

My Mac is driving me crazy. It seems ever since I updated to 10.5.7 things have gotten worse. They seemed fine for a bit but now a few things are driving me crazy my system over all seem to not work like it once did.

-When I use to change my desktop background it would change on both the 9600 and the 9400, now I have two separate backgrounds. What’s the deal with this?

-My ichat logs on and off about 15 times in 5 seconds, when I open up my laptop then says I’ve tired to log in too many times and I can’t get on for an hour.

-I get this message all the time now

[​IMG]

never use to get it before and it drives me insane, sometimes it does it 10 times in a row so I’m knocked offline for about 10 minutes.

-If I ever delete any pictures on my desktop id click on them and hit command + delete to send them to the trash. However now if I click on them finder will not be selected, no matter what I do, even if I close all other programs! The ONLY way I can select finder is by clicking on it on my dock.

A restart using fixes my finder issue, but any ideas on the other things??

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried an Archive and Install? Probably not.
    It'll fix your problems, though. :)
    Unless it's a hardware issue, in which case, you'll have to take it to a Genius Bar.

3. brendu macrumors 68020

I did have the same issue before with ichat... i dont remember what i did to solve it but i think i had to sign in with a different AIM name, then sign back in with my normal name, i believe this fixed it..