Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuhair373

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
Hello

Please help me as I just used everything I know to solve this problem !

Here is the thing, my iMac is slow in internet then I discovered from the activity monitor that the data sent rate is more is the received data rate ! it's like this for example : Data sent/sec : 30.5 KB/sec - Data received /sec : 2.3 KB/sec .

this shows without any app is opened at all, and I already deleted the cookies in safari, did I restart for the internet modem, did a PRAM REST and still nothing changed !

Note that the problem is only in my mac which mean when I disconnected the network cable and use my iPad its all OK, but when I reconnect the cable for the mac every device connected to this wireless network are slow in internet because of a problem with this iMac

Please I need help !

spravtek

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
Hello

Please help me as I just used everything I know to solve this problem !

Here is the thing, my iMac is slow in internet then I discovered from the activity monitor that the data sent rate is more is the received data rate ! it's like this for example : Data sent/sec : 30.5 KB/sec - Data received /sec : 2.3 KB/sec .

this shows without any app is opened at all, and I already deleted the cookies in safari, did I restart for the internet modem, did a PRAM REST and still nothing changed !

Note that the problem is only in my mac which mean when I disconnected the network cable and use my iPad its all OK, but when I reconnect the cable for the mac every device connected to this wireless network are slow in internet because of a problem with this iMac

Please I need help !

Do you have any backup programs running that upload to a cloud solution? Dropbox synching? ...

If all else fails, you could install Little Snitch to see what programs are trying to connect. It shows in and outgoing traffic, and you can block traffic you don't want.

You can also run "netstat -a" in a Terminal window to see what's going on.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
disconnect the lan cable and try your imac wireless connection and see what happens just to test.

zuhair373

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
Do you have any backup programs running that upload to a cloud solution? Dropbox synching? ...

If all else fails, you could install Little Snitch to see what programs are trying to connect. It shows in and outgoing traffic, and you can block traffic you don't want.

You can also run "netstat -a" in a Terminal window to see what's going on.

THANK YOU A LOT !
the app really helps after installing it and restart the system it gives me who is trying to sent out data !! and it turned out the google update tool is the reason !! :D

all normal now and checked out a few others like photo stream try to allow it and it's ok, but google is denied now and my connection is back to normal thank you so much again !

zuhair373

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
Hey it's wasn't google in the end, it was photo stream and I don't know why ! was monitoring in the app and the photostream just went up sending data. after I turned it off from icloud setting it's all ok again !

Is it because I imported 400 photo from my iPad before the problem occur, don't understand why ? cause my only device beside iMac is the iPad and the photostream in it is turned OFF :\

spravtek

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
Hey it's wasn't google in the end, it was photo stream and I don't know why ! was monitoring in the app and the photostream just went up sending data. after I turned it off from icloud setting it's all ok again !

Is it because I imported 400 photo from my iPad before the problem occur, don't understand why ? cause my only device beside iMac is the iPad and the photostream in it is turned OFF :\

Hi, sorry for the late reply, got sidetracked ...

Glad you found Little Snitch helpful, it's quite the little tool (not affiliated with it by the way ;) ) ...

Maybe photo stream was synchronising with the online library? It seems it was doing something like that. Anyway ... Glad you found it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.