My Mac Predictions...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacBook08, Aug 26, 2008.

1. MacBook08 macrumors regular

Sep- (Very Early) Oct '08:
    MacBook: Major update (redesign of course)​
    MacBook Air: Incremental (processor/HDD) upgrade​
    MacBook Pro: Major upgrade (redesign of course)​
    Macworld (Q1):
    mac pro: Core i7 Processor (this might be a stretch..)​
    Mac Mini: Major update/product replacement​
    Cinema Display: Major update​
    Q2 2009:
    iMac: Major update​
    Q3-Q4 2009:
    MacBook Pro: Core i7 processor​

Some of the information is probably redundant but I felt the need to organize my thoughts visually. Most of it is based on what would make the most profits and how long product cycles are overdue. iPod updates won't be enough for Christmas. Obviously, an updated MacBook line would provide huge Christmas numbers. More than any other Mac update could. Please let me know what you think and why (or add something):).

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I think it's more likely that the Mac Pro gets a refresh at WWDC.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope. The Tuesday before MacWorld makes the most sense.

4. brunt macrumors newbie

Boring Waffle and Conspiracy Theories

I want my 16 Core MacPro now darn it.... give me blue ray as well, and how about one of those new displays with multi-touch, that would be nice. Can I have HDCP as well just to appease my paranoia :p

Does anyone out there think the iPod and the mac mini might one day become the same device? (Thanks atom) Its a shame Steve's 'reality distortion field' means we are always mildly disappointed. Apple won't want to stretch itself all at once again, after the cock-up of bringing out mobile me and the iphone 3g .

The MacBook Pro and the Ipod are the only things we are likely to see soon, which is a shame as I already have a MacBook, and I want a MacPro (but only a 16-32 core version). I hope that apple has got early access to intel tech again, or even better they have got together with Nvidia to make their own x86 cpus. After all the intel market for mid range macs are much larger then the Mac Pro , and Nvidia could use apple as leverage to make processors for the Mac Pro without getting sued into oblivion. Shame they were only rumors about Nvidia....or were they?

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/20/nvidia-announce-x86-chip