My Mac Pro its here!!! first impressions

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cromas, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

hi there, I have 3 hours in my new mac pro, great quite machine! so silence... no problems with reboot after wake, system 10.5.1.

One question, the first thing that I do with a new mac its erase and install I dont want some software like iweb and all the lenguages etc... but one question I read this

Installing on a computer with a third-party video card
    If you have a third-party video card installed in your computer, you may need to remove it before you install Mac OS X 10.5. Contact the manufacturer of the card for more information about using the card with Mac OS X 10.5.

I have the 8800gt that its a third party card? so I need open my computer and remove for make the erase and install??? that its so bad I dont want open and touch anything inside.

please anybody know if I need remove for install a fresh system?

thanks

2. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

If it's the card that came with the Mac Pro, then it's not "third party", it's meant to be used with that computer. Now if you were to buy an 8800GT that Apple doesn't sell, that would be a different story....

3. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

thanks, yeah the gt8800 are the card that come with my mac pro, I open the box since 5 hours ago, brand new.

so i can erase and install without remove my video card?

thanks

4. martinlk macrumors member

martinlk