My mac refuses to access one particular website

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Angelbeast, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Angelbeast macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me with this?????? I'm am very peed off with my mac right now. I don't get it!!!! I am a moderator on a forum and my mac has blocked me from accessing that forum as of earlier tonight. The forum isn't down, I know that because I'm able to access it from my phone. I can access any other website that I want. I have tried using both safari and firefox and the same thing happens.

Is there any particular reason why this would happen? I have tried deleting the cache, cookies, everything. I've even restarted my computer after it happened. Nothing seems to work. I keep getting the message that the connection has timed out.

I never had a problem with this computer before.

2. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

3. Angelbeast thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the problem, I used my mobile phone to access the site and it worked so I don't think it is down. I dunno. Its very strange. It's an anime forum www.evabeast.com maybe someone could try it and see if they can access it.

4. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Can you access it through a proxy? Something like youhide.com perhaps?

5. Angelbeast thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try that now. :)

EDIT: Yes I can access it through that proxy. Meh! I wonder why I'm blocked out! They wouldn't block me cos I'm a moderator. Thanks for the idea, at least I can contact them now. :)

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

If it helps at all, I just went to the link you supplied from my iMac (through FireFox) and it's working just fine.

7. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

I just clicked on the link from post #3. The site came up with no problems.

Safari 3.1 (5525.13)

James

8. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

9. Angelbeast thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that guys. I knew there was nothing wrong with the site itself. It has got to be a problem with my mac or the website has blocked me maybe. I've already left a message for the admins using the proxy so hopefully it is a problem that they can fix. I heard of these things happening before so I hope it's not my computer.

10. Angelbeast thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay: Sorry for the double post:

Right I've got word from one of the board admins. My IP is not blocked in any way. I knew that anyways cos I'd still be able to access the main site, just not the forums. I can't access anything to do with the site without a proxy. He said it might be a problem with a router or something. Does anyone know how I might fix that?