My mac will not wake up/keyboard is not responding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RyanHansen, Dec 21, 2010.

1. RyanHansen macrumors newbie

Just got home and opened my MBP and cannot get it to come out of sleep mode. On top of that the keyboard is not responding, I've tested the caps lock button and all and no response. Everything was working perfectly fine 2 hours ago. I can hear it running and I've tried do a hard restart but I keep getting a black screen and no keyboard response. The only light that is on would be the light in the switch to open and close the MBP. Any suggestions or idea about what is going on???? I have no idea what to do.

2. f2002q macrumors newbie

I have a MBP 17", the mid 2010 model with core i7. This exact thing has happened twice to me. Usually after the machine has been asleep for a while. I'm trying to replicate the issue so I can take it to the Apple store but I haven't been able to do it, it just happens randomly.

3. Branskins macrumors 65816

This has happened to me. Usually I close the lid for a few seconds, then reopen it, and press the POWER button. Not press and hold, but press that. That usually brings back the responsiveness.

There must be a bug somewhere, or maybe when you wake it at a bad (made OS X was doing something right when you opened it?) that causes this.