my mac won't add my epson printer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mm.ma, Apr 19, 2008.

1. mm.ma macrumors newbie

'm having printer adding issues.

ok I have installed new and old drivers from the net and the cd on my mac laptop (10.4.9 power pc g4).Ths printer is a fairly new model of a Epson photo stylus printer R265.

Now, when i plug it in via usb cable and into the power mains my computer defiantly recognises it however the problem lies in the adding it to the printer list.

i went to system preferences>print&fax>printing...i then went to 'add' . it registered the printer where it says 'printer name' box at the top. it also says the printer name in 'name' an in location it says 'power book'. that bit is all fine.

then..this is the bit which I can work out.

It gives me a list of printer models, none of which are the printer I have. When I go to 'other' i can't find anything which helps me.

So how do I add the printer is the question?! I'm a bit stuck!

I have a printer utility which from I can see how much ink is available, and also do a test print to make sure the cartridge print ok, and they do.

Do you have any ideas?

2. gumshoestu macrumors newbie

I have the same issue ...

Sir/ Mam:
    I just bought a new NX200 All-In_One Epson printer and have the same problem: the NX200 is not listed on the list of printer to add to my iMac on the software. And since Epson Tech. Support isn't open on the weekends, I'll just have to wait until Monday I suppose. Have you resolved the problem?:confused:

3. sasin9 macrumors newbie

I too am having NX200 problems with my mac. I have installed the softwarte that came with it. Its still wont show up under "add printer" I also downloaded the drivers and it still wont work. Anybody figure this out yet? there is nothing else on the internet about this except two separate forum posts on this site, and they seem to be un-resolved.

4. xoggyux macrumors 6502

try this:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1537&package_id=273638&release_id=649090
    for some reason epson offers something in their site that is useless.
    I have both HP and EPSON in my list of never ever buy again if for a mac computer (they are my preferred for PC) HP in fact is even worse, the drivers do work well but half the times you print some service will get stuck and if you do not quit it the computer will get progressively slower and hotter, epson does work fine after those drivers.

5. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I have been a big fan of the gutenprint driver for a number of years. I find the Epson drivers lacking, especially for printing images. I am a photographer and haven't used an Epson driver in a long time. Try the driver and add your printer to your wireless network, you will find the driver offers greater control over your output.