My Mac won't remember route to files and folders

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bigshow32, Feb 12, 2010.

1. bigshow32 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused, i've been using a mac for 4 years now, i'm a designer so use InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator day in day out. Opening and saving 100s of files a day.

Whenever i've needed to import multiple pictures, i've always been able to navigate to the folder I want to import from (through InDesign), place my selected picture and then the next time I try import a picture my mac remembers the folder I last imported a picture from.

Its the same if I'm saving multiple files from an email (in entourage), save the first attachment and then when I go to save the 2nd file it remembers where I last saved to.

Its been doing that for the best part of 4 years and has now stopped for no reason, everytime I go to save a file, import a file, even "save as" it takes me to my "Documents folder" meaning I have to navigate back through the severver and several folders to get to where I want to save each time.

It's not a massive problem, just really annoying. Maybe i've changed a setting by mistake but can't see how or where for the life of me.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Have you tried repairing permissions? I know it's the I-don't-know-what-else-to-try response, and I don't know what else to try, but problems with applications forgetting settings are often permissions-related.

3. markerhuffer macrumors newbie

Better late than never...

Four years later... Sorry. But this setting should be in your preferences. Here's the how-to.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Nope. That link does not go to a page where this issue is addressed.