my MacBook Air purchase evaluation

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ghett0tech, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ghett0tech macrumors member

so 4 days ago i picked up a late 09 13' MacBook Air for 600. at first i was on the fence about picking the 80GB HDD 2GB memory model, but i must say i'm enjoying it. my only complaint is the battery and the hinge. other than that it seems to surf the web, multitask, and stream quite good. it also doesn't get as hot as i thought it would.

is anyone else still using their 09 MacBook Airs and happy with them? i hear so many bad things about this version, but i don't know what more people could want from whats offered from these versions.

would love to hear opinions..

:D

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

I think what matters most is whether you like it. If you are happy, be happy. You don't need anyone else's permission to like the old MBA.

3. ghett0tech thread starter macrumors member

well, of course. i was just curious if anybody else shared the same joy on the older Airs. :)

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

I recently considered between the 2010 model and the 2011.

The deal breaker for me on the 2010 was the ram.

After using a samsung n150 plus with 2gb ram i wanted to ensure my upgrade was more ram.

I opted for the 2011 model with 128gb ssd, 4gb ram and its awesome.

I can understand apple wanting to save on space as much as possible but soldering the ram chips direct to the boards limits users who may want to upgrade ram later on !

Like already said if the computer you choose performs well for you with the tasks and uses you want out of it then happy days !!

Mine gets a little warm on the underside after long use but thats normal for any netbook/notebook. I also use a netbook cooling fan.

5. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

you may not want to upgrade to Lion.
    it eats a lot of RAM.

just having email, ical, ichat, itunes, and one window on safari, i had used up 2.5GB RAM, idk how much it was on Snow Leopard. But since your RAM is your limitation you should keep that in mind. plus you'll save yourself $30