At 4 PM, I turn the MacBook off via the keyboard shortcut, I make sure it's off like I always do before I close the lid. It's closed, no white light on, good. At 6:30 PM just 15 minutes ago, I take it out of my bag and notice it's burning hot and then I hear the fans, they're just screaming. My bag is warm, the stuff I had inside with the notebook are incredibly hot to the touch and I feared for the worst for my MacBook. Not because I like it but because I need it this week. I open the lid while it's on my lap, I can feel how hot it is but I can't turn it on. Then I just disconnect the battery and the fans stop dead. I booted it right now, without the battery, it's cooling on my desk connected to the wall. There doesn't seem to be any damage to it. Audio and video works, my files are still there. I thought the heat would damage the screen but it's fine so far. Should I reset the PMU?