Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
hello. my problem is a bit different from the others. so... i've had my macbook for 2 years by now. its airport is always at a good condition and i never had any problems opening wi-fi connections. and yesterday... i was browsing like usual when suddenly my internet stopped connecting. i think it was the problem from the service provider so i didn't really mind.

but what's getting irritating is, up until this second i still can't use my wi-fi. BUT STRANGELY, when i use ethernet with the same modem (that modem could be wifi and could be ethernet), the internet is working!! so that means, my macbook pro can't open wireless networks.

fyi, i'm typing this with my other laptop AND USING MY MODEM'S WIRELESS NETWORK. so that means my modem is innocent, it's something wrong with my macbook but WHAT????

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Did you reboot the router?

hello. my problem is a bit different from the others. so... i've had my macbook for 2 years by now. its airport is always at a good condition and i never had any problems opening wi-fi connections. and yesterday... i was browsing like usual when suddenly my internet stopped connecting. i think it was the problem from the service provider so i didn't really mind.

but what's getting irritating is, up until this second i still can't use my wi-fi. BUT STRANGELY, when i use ethernet with the same modem (that modem could be wifi and could be ethernet), the internet is working!! so that means, my macbook pro can't open wireless networks.

fyi, i'm typing this with my other laptop AND USING MY MODEM'S WIRELESS NETWORK. so that means my modem is innocent, it's something wrong with my macbook but WHAT????

Perhaps this is an obvious silly question, but .....ave you tried unplugging the power to your router? I have a Netgear I got from my cable company. Even before we got the Netgear and had a Linksys this still happened. My old Dell would drop from the network all the time yet all the other devices (another Dell, old Compaq, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads) were just fine. Rebooting didn't always work, so a hard reset on the router had to be done. I have had the same issue with my new Macbook pro. It dropped the network a couple of times and wasn't connecting until I rebooted the router. So I don't know what was causing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.