My macbook cant load certain webpages

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dw3bb10, Sep 23, 2010.

1. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

This started occuring very suddenly for the past week or so. I especially cant load anything related to google. Not even youtube. No matter the connection, wired or wireless, different networks, or the web broswer. How do I fix this!?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Your description reminds of this thread. People were reporting that Google results were getting redirected. Check it out to see if it sounds like your situation.

3. dw3bb10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im not being redirected. It just simply says that I cannot to the server. No other devices on the network have this problem. Its something on the computer because I have tried various networks, both wired and wireless.

4. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

it must be the Steve Jobs filter, he doesn't want you looking at anything related to p0rn or Google.

5. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

If you living in a suburban setting you and all of your neighbors probably did not change the channel on your routers therefore you are all competing for the same default channel which is normally 5 or 6. There are usually 11 channels to choose from, download and run iStumbler (Google it) and it will tell you the wi-fi networks in your neighborhood and what channels they are on. If you see you and your neighbors are using the same channel then it's a simple matter of changing your router's channel to one not being used. You will need to refer to your routers manual for instructions on how to do this.

Another thing to check is your DNS settings. These are normally set by your ISP and in many cases tend to cause problems. Read this MacWorld article:

http://www.macworld.com/article/146064/2010/02/troubleshootdns.html?t=234

Then change your settings to one of them listed in the article.

Try these solutions then report back what you find.

6. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

or anything better then apple -_- or cheaper ;)

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Clear your browser's cache and cookies and check any ad-blockers you may have running.
    Check your DNS settings to see what DNS servers you're using.
    Create a new account on your Mac and see if you can reach those sites from the new account.