PLease be careful. My device was merely charging, in a well ventilated, clutter free area on the counter. My roommate caught it just as it started to flame. The smoke and smell were HORRIBLE, and there was some damage, but no injuries to people or pets...though I cant imagine breathing burning battery and plastic is advantageous. Ive been in contact with Apple. They have been concerned and helpful, and I brought the computer to an Apple tech today and watched his amazement at the destruction. He tried to obtain a serial number, but it was melted in layers like a shrinky dink. I never really worried about something like this happening. Be mindful everyone, I think of how many times I fall asleep listening to music or a guided meditation, and the computer is on my bed! I dont even want to envision that scene. Thanks for listening everyone.