my macbook died HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allisonbrooke, Nov 26, 2007.

1. allisonbrooke macrumors newbie

my macbook just refuses to turn on or start up. theres no sound, no nothing just a black screen of nothingness. i didnt do ANYTHING to it. i didnt drop it, or download anything, nothing! its just gone. i only bought it eight months ago. whats wrong?!

im taking it to the apple store today, i really hope they dont try to rip me off since i still have my one year warranty.

anyone?!?!

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

If it is still under warranty then i don't see how you could get ripped off as the parts + labour costs will be paid for by apple. Sounds like something bad happened perhaps logic board failure but could be something simple like broken power button.

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I'm sure you've tried using the ac power adapter? I've had two with failed batterys with no turn-on symptoms. Replaced battery and were fine. Does ac charger light go from green to yellow?

4. allisonbrooke thread starter macrumors newbie

nope, it goes from green to reddish. the battery is completely charged, five lights on it. then i used another power adapter and still nothing.

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Sounds to moi like a logic board failure.

Tried booting up without a battery? Or even tried resetting the PRAM?

linky

Probably won't do anything seeing as you can't seem to get any life out of the machine at all. Worth a try though...

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Don't worry, they won't give you any grief, I was worried that they were going to blame me for my MacBook problem, but quickly figured it out and got me a new one in under an hour (would have been about 10 minutes according to the guy, but Apple changed the part # on it when I customized the order to have a mini-DVI to VGA adapter, and they couldn't do a simple swap because the part # of mine didn't match the ones of theirs, ended up returning the old one via mail and bought a new one with the credit of the old one.). Those Apple guys rock!