my macbook fan its always spinning

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by edi.ah, Mar 4, 2009.

1. edi.ah macrumors newbie

i have this macbook

Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.2 GHz, 4gb RAM, 120 HD, white macbook

a week ago my macbook fan starts spinning and then never turn off, even if i shut down the computer, i have made this things...

• shut down the computer for a long time
    • when i turn it on i press "P+R+cmd+optn"
    • check the activity monitor and nothing its high at cpu
    • use techtoll pro 5 and in SMART reuslts i have a little bad results in seek error rate, temperature changes (specialy this one) and hardware ECC recovered

so when i turn it on again and i dont do anything and after like 7 minutes the fan start spinning again even if i dont open any application.

i upload a picture of my istats, techtool pro5 and my activity monitor
    i dont know what else to doo D:

i also turn off the mac, remove power chord, and battery and press power button per 5 sec and then turn it on (saw this on apple.com)

pleasee helpp!
    sorry about my english hehe

Attached Files:

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I'd make an Apple store genius bar appointment, and have them look at the thermal paste application between your CPU and heatsink.

3. edi.ah thread starter macrumors newbie

well, like you can see in the picture, i was waching "my processes" intead "all processes", D: haha so in "all processes" there was a printer driver running at 99% all the time so that was it. sorry and thnks

4. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

wow. a printer driver? which printer are you using?

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The print spool can hang as well. Happened frequently with the HP driver pack and my G4 iBook

6. edi.ah thread starter macrumors newbie

hahaa its a Lexmark but its the first time it happend since i bought it (agust 2008), so i think its a "one time only" issue, like an error or something, i reset already and didnt happend anymore