My Macbook has gone crazy. Need help.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jazzandmetal?, May 31, 2009.

1. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

I was burning a cd and after it was done the cd wouldn't eject and gave me a beach ball. Then I couldn't force quit itunes.

Next my track pad stopped working so I plugged in my mouse and it worked. I then unplugged the mouse and the track pad would move around but when I click on things in the dock, the menu would flash 2 times and not let me do anything. When I used spaces, it would flash all 4 spaces quick and my dock would come up. I then had to plug the mouse back in to turn off the cpu.

Now it seems fine and the disc ejected. What should I do?

I have a white macbook with all the up to date software. I repaired permissions the other day after I updated the OSX via software update.

What now?

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Sounds like an e-poltergeist :p
    Perform an exorcism and all should be ok ;)

3. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Sounds like it was just taking a bit of time finishing off what it was doing. When you went to use the mouse etc. it stored those commands but didn't do anything, when it was done, it suddenly showed them, making it go a bit crazy. Should hopefully be fine for future use, but if it happens again, particularly doing cpu intensive stuff, maybe phone apple or take it to be checked out.