MY MACBOOK has slowed down SO MUCH since I split it for bootcamp??? HELP?!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Haruhi, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Haruhi macrumors regular

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

'Kay.

How much free space is on your hard drive?

3. Haruhi thread starter macrumors regular

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Strange. Run Disk Utility and "Verify Disk". If it comes back red, boot from your first Install Disk and run Disk Utility there to repair it.

5. Haruhi thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that but it doesn't work because it ends up crashing half way through.
    I want to download iPhone SDK on this computer so I left it on downloading iPhone SDK all day while I was out with no other programs running except Safari and it crashed at around 200mb :(

6. Haruhi thread starter macrumors regular

I tried it again, and Firefox AND Disk Utility crashed at the same time, but I was able to actually force quit them, which is unusual, as usually when the SBBOD comes up I have to hold the power off.

7. TheScavenger macrumors 6502

TheScavenger

Hold down shift while your computer starts up. This forces the system to check your startup volume.

Also try holding down D with the your first restore disc in the drive when your computer starts up. This will prompt the computer to run the Apple Hardware Test. This will help determine if your hard drive is at fault.

You can also try booting from your Macs hard drive with another Mac via target disk mode.

Also try what tallest skil said too. Boot from the restore disc and verify the permissions.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

- Holding down SHIFT boots to Safe Mode, I don't think it "checks" the startup volume.

- Running Apple Hardware Test differs on which MacBook you have. If you have Late-2008 (unibody) install DVD is not needed, just press and hold down "D" on startup until you get to AHT screen. If you have a MacBook earlier than late-2008 (before unibody) then you need to boot off the install DVD and select Apple Hardware Test from Utilities Menu

9. TheScavenger macrumors 6502

TheScavenger

10. Haruhi thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you :D
    I haven't done it yet :D
    But I will say what happened :D