My MacBook is having colour issues when connected to my led/lcd TV when using VLC ???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by byronseeker, Jul 13, 2011.

1. byronseeker macrumors newbie

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem.My screen does not go completely green on my led/lcd TV (as people are having problems with) but anything in the file being played seems to swap the red colour spectrum into the green spectrum, eg lips on peoples faces go green/grey instead of pink... and the list goes on.
    It's only just started to happen when i play AVI files using the VLC media player on my MacBook Pro. It doesn't happen when I play purchased media content from the itunes store.
    It was only doing it on my laptop when connected to the TV (with new HDMI and convertor cables) but my flatmates also now does the same thing.
    The TV picture also has correct colours when just using it to watch digital TV or from the DVD player
    Any suggestions????
    thank you

2. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

3. neem' macrumors newbie

Does it happen if you watch the AVI files in Quicktime? Get Perian if you haven't already, it makes VLC completely redundant (unless you want to, er, use Handbrake).