My MacBook is really starting to annoy me...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sartajc, Sep 7, 2007.

1. sartajc macrumors member

i got a C2D 2GB White Macbook, and in a week im already experiencing major problems.

Some include:

Copy/Paste wont work anymore (it was working yesterday)
    Programs crash on a regular basis
    Some random system preferences wont work sometimes (like changing wallpaper)
    BIGGEST ONE: when i turn on the mic during lectures (i dont have the mb plugged into the wall) the fan turns on and goes REALLY REALLY fast (a lot faster than any other time). This kills by battering time by 2 HOURS. whats wrong? (yes i installed the fan control thing. it didn't work...or could that be the problem?)

2. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

1. Maybe you are forgetting to use command+C/V instead of control+c/v - that's a common hurdle to get over on OSX from Windows
    2. Programs crashing? Which programs are crashing and have you checked your logs?
    3. System prefs need to be reset to defaults by deleting your system prefs pane (or something like that)
    4. If your fan is on, of course it is going to take some additional power from the macbook battery. This is normal and usually indicative of a CPU running faster anyway, so your machine will be using more power on load.

4a. Your spelling needs some attention, I though the macbook keyboard was good to use for typing on. Particularly with regard to "battering time" :D

3. dannewell15 macrumors regular

4. sartajc thread starter macrumors member

anyways, i fixed all the problems except the battery and am loving the computer now. the iLife is amazing and Terminal is so easy to use to do remote commands on my Linux servers.

The problem with the "battering time (haha)" was that when i turn the mic on for some reason the fan turns on and goes REALLY loud.

When audio recording my battery time is about 1.30-2.00 hours.

If i dont record my battery lasts about 5-6 hours. Weird eh?