My MacBook logged itself off while idle... Why?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 0dev, Jun 8, 2011.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

So I have my Mac set up to go into screensaver mode when I put the mouse on the bottom right of the screen. I did this just now and left it for about an hour. Before I did this, I had no apps open, and the WiFi and Bluetooth were off. I do have a few background processes, with Little Snitch being the newest - as this issue has never arisen before, I believe this may be the culprit. LS is still on trial and it ran out when I logged back in, so maybe that caused it somehow?

I checked the Console logs and they mentioned errors in the Dock trying to connect to a server of some sort, WindowServer encountering a "kCGErrorFailure", hdiejectd "calling exit" (I think that was the point it logged itself out, since I believe that process manages the disk image which FileVault created for the home folder), and usbmuxd said it was "stopping" (again, I'm guessing this is part of the normal log out prededure).

Any idea what could have caused it? Did something important crash because Little Snitch stopping it connecting? Or was it something different entirely?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I tried using Little Snitch, but found it was more hassle then helpful, so I removed it. You really don't need it.

3. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Once you set up rules for your commonly used apps it's very useful. I've stopped even Apple's own iLife suite phoning home and getting my actual physical location already!

I don't know if that's the problem anyway. The first sign of trouble on the Console logs is the Dock thing, and the error is "CGSSetMagicMirror: server didn't like your request"

I did some Googling and found lots of reports of other people seeing the same but didn't find much useful info though.

4. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

any chance the "log out after X minutes of inactivity" option is selected in system preferences -> security ->general ?

5. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

I checked that, and no, it isn't.