My MacBook no longer connects wirelessly to Belkin Router/Modem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dbedford, Dec 23, 2007.

1. dbedford macrumors newbie

My Belkin router/modem (F5D7632v1 1.00.09 firmware) stopped working wirelessly with my MacBook mid December after a OS X 10.5.1 security update. It works over the LAN and without WPA and WEP security enabled.

I have tested my MacBook on another wireless router (BT) with WEP enabled and it works floorlessly. Using another identical Belkin route and I have the same connection issues, i.e. I can get to the router table 192.168.2.1. and no where else using the WLAN, but its fine with the LAN. Other hardware such as iTouch, PSP, iPac and PS3 work fine with the Belkin and WPA security.

So it worked without a problem with 10.5.1 and up to the point I installed the last security patch (Mid December time). So from that I have to conclude its a MAC OS X issue, unless I have missed something real basic. Can anyone help me further please??

Thanks and regards
    David

Oh, I have reinstalled OS X with a archive and back-up personal setting, and removed the relative Plists, change the routers IP away from 192.168.*.*., manually set DHCP, but still am unable to connect wirelessly to the intranet.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Did you install the Security Update 2007-009 (v1.1) update or the first one from a few days ago?