My MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 Ghz says beep/click (Help)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac-Life, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Mac-Life macrumors member

Mac-Life

I was 1 week since my new MacBook Pro 17 "| 2.8 GHz | 4GB Ram | 500 GB / 7200 RPM | Antiglare screen, where I quickly noticed that it said the click sounds, call immediately to Apple and asked them to send a new and 5 days after I received a new, and now I sit with 2 of the same configurations side by side, and they say both of 2 beeps and then a time in between.

They are both 2 like this. http://www.macnyt.dk/gallery/images/picUploads/124654168510313162.JPG

This means that both of them 2 are on the table and they say it still.

I think that it may be hard disk or the like. But it could be the G controls inside the hard disk that turns to when you lose it, but it is the game that I now have 2 of the same standing side by side and they are now doing the same.

Who else has this problem

Know that this thread also run, but think it was confusing.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=727453

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Whom did you call to get a new one? I have been on the phone with 10+ people and they have yet to send me a new one, let alone even return my calls/emails.

Every time I talk to someone, they say they will "elevate the matter to the next level" and that they will email me. I have heard nothing back from them.

They won't even give me a time frame for when I should receive an email back.

The customer service I've experiences has been atrocious.

I just went to the Apple store today, and on top of being no help at all (he [the "genius"] just told me to call 1-800-my apple) he was rude, condescending, and caustic. He was also just about to plop my laptop on the lid on a table, when i caught it with my hand and placed my sleeve underneath for protection. I don't want them saying I scratched the computer when it was the genius that did it. I'm not surprised that laptops come back from repair with scratches/dents.

I've spent over 6 hours now talking to people on the phone, and they just refer me to other departments. They are giving me the run-around, and I am getting fed up with it. I can get better service at a used car dealership.

My first contact with them was Tuesday (June 30, 2009) and they have yet to even email me back. I will call on Monday, and if they don't get back to me by Tuesday (1 week from first contact) I am going to just return an out-right return.

Is it really that hard to just arrange an exchange for a nominal unit? That's something that should be arranged on the first phone call. That is all I am asking for. I cannot imagine what service would be like down the road...This is a brand-new top-of-the-line laptop, and I am being treated like I am not even a customer.

3. Mac-Life thread starter macrumors member

Mac-Life

I was easily sent a new, so I can not understand. It was a nice Swedish lady who ordered a new one for me.

But it can not be right that I have 2 of the same type now says the same.

But I will soon send one back, but is considering sending them both round and use my 14 day return policy.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Are you considering getting the 5400 RPM unit? I read that the 5400 RPM drive does not have the problem.

Can you give me the number you called to get your replacement? Maybe even your case number if you don't mind (please PM me).

I have a similar unit. 3.06 Ghz, 4 Gb RAM, 7200 RPM drive, AG screen. It is such a shame because this really is a gorgeous unit with an incredible user interface. I love the computer--less the defects--but I cannot deal with customer service that just jerks me around and treats me like dirt.

5. Mac-Life thread starter macrumors member

Mac-Life

Yes. I thought about 5400 RPM. But can li speed as 7200 RPM has.

But the hard drives that Apple is in the named

G-Force Protection sensor package. This sensor package greatly increases the drive's robustness and the survivability of your recorded data by automatically parking the read/write heads in the event of an accidental fall. This feature will be of great interest to those who put great value in their data but are currently using notebooks that do not support such sensors.

But if you should try to buy one without G-Force Protection and see if it would work because it is made even without it.

Or there is a piece of software that can turn the feature off on the hard drive even